April 24, 2016

Hopeless to Hopeful

I remember a time when I felt so hopeless. Empty. Discouraged. Angry. Miserable. Scared. Rejected. All those feelings that triggered hopelessness, went on, and on, and on! I felt like there was nothing to look forward to in life! Nothing made me happy. I searched, and still, could find no fulfillment. I wanted my life to be different. I wanted something, but had no clue on how to find it. I didn't even know what it was, or what I was looking for. I just knew that something had to change. Of course I was searching in all the wrong areas, looking in all the wrong places, and getting no where really fast! I wanted my longings to be fulfilled, but they remained unfulfilled. I got to the place where I felt so heartsick, despondent, and desperate. I trusted no one, and I manipulated many. I finally realized that living this life on my own terms was not working out, and I wanted and needed so much more. That is when I met my husband, and that is when I finally met Jesus!



Gradually I started feeling hopeful. My life was changing! My heart felt so much lighter, my life had meaning, and I could actually smile. I let go, and let God begin working in my life. I began to trust again, and I could see that God was fulfilling my dreams. I learned to wait on Him instead of manipulating or giving up on things. I began to learn that He had the power to fulfill my hearts desire, and I felt more hopeful each day.

I was learning to trust and have hope in the Lord. I was trusting His promises and His timing. I began reading the Bible, and really digging in. I remember the first time I read Isaiah 40:28-31, and feeling so much hope, that God was so powerful and everlasting. And knowing that with God, I could soar above difficulties, reduce the friction in my life, and manage my energy, so that I could run and not grow weary, and walk and not feel faint. What a reassuring promise!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31


I have learned to be hopeful in all situations, not hopeless! I have learned that without God, we have no hope. But thanks to Jesus, we have His promise of hope! No matter what we face, we can take comfort in knowing that He is there for us, watching over us always. I am so grateful that God's Word is full of His promises, and in His word I can always find hope! In His word I found my way out of the dark and into His light!


So when I am in situations where I begin to feel hopeless, and want to give up, I know that all I need to do is pray and open my Bible. God can always change my circumstances, He can work it out. It may not always be exactly what I want, or how I want it, but it is always in a way that makes me feel hopeful, and not hopeless! 

I am linking up with Karen Beth at FInding the Grace Within/Tuesday at Ten
The prompt this week is: HOPEFUL! 






10 comments:

  1. Glad you got to write about your Isaiah passage! God is amazing isn't He! Inspiring post Rachelle!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! Yes, He most certainly is! ❤

      Delete
  2. I think it's lovely you met your husband and Jesus at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie! Yes, I know that was God's plan the whole time. The funny thing is, when I agreed to meet with my husband, there was to be no dating involved, just talk! God knew better! :)

      Delete
  3. Such an awesome post! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbie! I love you back, and I thank you for all of your encouragement and help! ❤

      Delete
  4. I love this. Your writings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete